Development, that's the magic word. Develop yourself, your business, and your partners – that's what we call our colleagues. Assist in managing the ultimate Starbucks experience as an Assistant Store manager. Because in addition to coffee, we mainly serve genuine connection in our stores. ‘We are not in the coffee business serving people, but in the people business serving coffee.’ – Howard Schultz, Founder and CEO of Starbucks.
What you will do as an Assistant Store manager
- Every week you spend most of your time on the floor. Nice, because with you there, you can see what can be improved. Moreover, you cannot do without that genuine customer connection.
- During interviews with new baristas or shift supervisors, you already asked them about their ambition. You want to support their growth, so you train, teach, coach, and monitor the development of your partners.
- Communicating clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective store operations. You filter communication to the shift team as directed by the store manager;
- You develop positive relationships with shift team by understanding and addressing their individual motivation, needs and concerns;
- Purchasing is based on forecast and expectation. Warm weather means more whole milk, cold weather extra chocolate and of course, you respond to parties and events. You make the order yourself or check the orders of the Shift Supervisor.
As an Assistant Store manager
- You are experienced in hospitality, retail and customer service.
- You listen and communicate well with others within and outside of Starbucks.
- You are approachable and you can create an environment that is positive and productive for your team
- Stress at peak hours? Not you. Even with a shortage of staff or supplies, problems are there to be solved. Unforeseen things are always there, you keep your cool.
- Your working hours are flexible [Monday to Sunday], and so are you.
Working at Starbucks
Starbucks is personal! Not only towards customers, but also towards our own people. Working can go hand in hand with fun. And with our enormous ambition, there are plenty of opportunities! The standard is high, the sky is the limit. "Anything is possible if you want to. If you want to challenge and develop yourself." Jordi, Store Manager
What you get as an Assistant Store manager
- A minimum salary of €2.435,33 gross per month and go for the bonus by achieving your targets;
- Go for the bonus by achieving your targets. The bonus can be up to 12% of your monthly salary based on the results of every quarter;
- Annual bonus based on years of employment at Starbucks Netherlands;
- Recognition Program based on partner engagement and outstanding performance;
- Premium allowance of 5% on top of your salary when you work at high volume stores;
- The list of benefits is endless: free coffee during your shift always, a bag of free coffee every week and partner discount on all other products in store;
- You will get a one-year contract with 1 month probation time;
- Keep developing yourself, Starbucks has more than enough career growth opportunities for you;
- Fully coverage of travel costs by public transport (depending on traveling distance to the store);
- Retirement may still be a long way off, but it has already been arranged.
Asisstant Store manager at Starbucks, is that for you?
Do you really want the tastiest coffee at work, served with a portion of challenge? Then this is the job for you. Press the apply button.
Are you coming to drink coffee with us? We have several locations in Amersfoort, Amsterdam, Arnhem, Eindhoven, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utrecht!